Crawford is only one of four remaining historical observatories on the island of Ireland, and the only one in a University campus. It has a Grubb Equatorial, Transit Circle and Siderostatic telescope all in good condition, with a working dome and roof shutter for the Transit Circle.
Originally built in 1880, after many decades, it gradually fell into disuse. It has now been rescued for use thanks to a restoration programme costing €800,000 and will again be used by staff and students for course work and research, and is open to the public.
Contact UCC’s Vistors’ Centre for access details.
|+353 21 4903000|
|Visitors' Centre, North Wing, Main Quad, University College, Cork, Ireland.|
No upcoming events